Move to Recover from Orthopedic Surgery
A discussion & guide to moving forward from your orthopedic surgery.
How it works:
- After you have a new diagnosis or procedure, call to schedule a complimentary phone consultation with one of our physical therapists.
- We’ll provide education, answer questions, and walk you through activity guidelines you may need to folllow.
- If physical therapy is needed, we will work with you and your doctor to schedule as appropriate.
BEFORE SURGERY: Prior to surgery, a phone consultation with one of our PTs through our Move to Recover program allows you to enter your procedure with the knowledge you need. We’ll discuss what you can expect following your surgery as it relates to range of motion, pain and physical limitations. Depending on your case, we may recommend “prehab” (physical therapy prior to surgery) to prepare your body mentally and physically for what’s to come. The benefits of prehab may include:
- Improved odds of a successful surgical outcome for surgeries including total joint replacements ie. knee & shoulder replacements
- Earlier postoperative findings associated with reduced pain and improved range of motion
- Assessment of function, strength, and range of motion preoperatively by your PT, allowing for realistic goals following surgery
AFTER SURGERY: Through the Move to Recover program, one of our PTs will speak with you post-surgery to answer your follow up questions. We’ll discuss activity guidelines and describe what you can expect on your road to recovery.
We may recommend you come into the clinic for physical therapy following your surgery. We’ll work together to restore strength, flexibility, and function, following guidelines from your surgeon and keeping them updated on your progress.
ACCESS: We provide this service free of charge, with no doctor referral required. However, we will work closely with your surgeon to follow orders they may have for pre- or post-op. We offer this program as a service to our medical community in order to provide the in-depth conversations patients may need during this time.
Call or submit the contact form to get started!